Library & Information Centre
The Central Library of the college is well furnished and well equipped with the carpet area of 800 Sq.mts., which can accommodate about 250 students. The library caters to the need of more than 1600 students, teachers, non-teaching staff and research scholars for various departments. It ensures support and aids with books and electronic resources for teaching, research and extension programs. The books are arranged and classified according to the Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. All faculty and students are the members of the library.
The Central Library is equipped with 29000 volumes of books in various Engineering disciplines and is continuously being strengthened by adding new technical literature in the form of periodicals, encyclopedias, Text books, Reference books, national and international journals. The Library uses the Easy Library Software package which is an integrated multi-user Library management system that facilitates all in-house operations of the library. The package consists of modules on Acquisition, Circulation, Serials, Article indexing and OPAC Retrospective Conversion of bibliographic records. The Data base of books available in the library is being updated on day-to-day basis with details of recently acquired.
The Digital Library has 20 systems provides services like on-line Journals/magazines, open course ware, open access Journals, Subject and magazine compact discs and Internet facility. It provides more than 1562 e-books, e-databases, previous question papers and Project Reports.
Library Working Hours
- All Working Days: 9:30 AM – 4:20 PM
Book Transaction Timings
- All Working Days: 9:30 AM – 4:20 PM
Rules and Regulations
The library rules and regulations are stipulated to regularize the use of the library information resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the changing needs of the users.
- The library users should possess their ID card while they are inside the library.
- Books will be issued only on production of Bar-coded ID card.
- Strict silence should be maintained in the library.
- Cell Phones are strictly prohibited.
- Personal belongings like files, folders, bags, jerkins, umbrella, issued books etc are not allowed inside the library. They should be kept on the rack provided at the entrance of the library.
- For the benefit of users, Open Access System is maintained in the library. The books, current journals, back volumes taken out the racks should be replaced in their proper place after reference.
- The books taken from the library are to be returned within 15 days or on or before the due date specified on the due date slip pasted in the back page of the books
- All UG and PG students are eligible to take 3 books. The students who scored more than 70% in their semester exam are eligible to take one more book with the Merit Card provided in the library.
- Library Card must be returned to the Library when the student leaves the college at the completion of the course.
- Duplicate Card will be issued against the card is lost. The member shall be responsible for any book issued against their lost card.
- Members are advised to check the book condition while borrow the book, if you found any tearing/paper missing, underlining, damage etc to be informed to the staff on duty.
- Every book will be verified when it is returned, if any book is found to be marked, spoiled or damaged the borrower should required to replace the book with a new copy or pay double the cost of the book.
- Reference books, CD’s, DVD’s, Project Reports, Back Volumes and Periodicals will not be issued for home reading. They are to be referred inside the library only.
- Users are allowed to take the photocopies of the required articles. Photocopying of full book is not permitted.
- Librarian may recall any book at any time if the book is in demand.
- The librarian reserves the right to cancel the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.
Transport facility for the students is provided from all corners of the city. Driven by a team of trained drivers. Buses ply from all places catering to the students need for comfortable and hassle free transport.
The college is situated at a distance of 15 Kms from the ANANTHAPURAMU TOWN. Which in itself is well connected to all the important regions of the city. therefore, a good number of APSRTC buses ply to this region frequently. Alongside, college owns sufficient buses to bring the students on time to the college. The unique fact is that the students are taken care of in the buses too by senior faculty members, such that their needs are well attended to even during the journey hours.
SVIT probably is the only such college, where the transport is provided to the students on no-profit-no-loss basis. For us transport is not a business, only the comfort of the students matter the most for us. Experienced drivers, whose credentials are well proven, are appointed to drive the buses. This gives a sound sleep to the parents at home.
With a view to providing personal care to the students coming from various comes of the country. The COLLEGE has built hostel that provide the right academic ambience for students in search of excellence in their pursuits. SVIT campus a completely self contained College include separate hostel & mess facilities for boys and girls students.
Our aim is to provide a home away from home environment for students with particular emphasis on nutritious meals, hygienic and pleasant living conditions. Apart from students the college has full time hostel management staff. Most of the students live in the hostels of the institute.
The hostel provides a home away from their homes and helps in developing a healthy and cordial relationship among the residents. The management ensure hygienic and pleasant living condition with particular emphasis on nutritious meals. The college administration puts in all efforts to help the students feel at home of comforts and concern of the hostel personnel.
Eco- friendly environment, encouraging academic ambience, uncompromising quality of hygiene, steam cooking, safe drinking water, round the clock security, availability of qualified doctors and and resident wardens, uninterrupted power supply all these ensure a very safe and secure stay for the student. Ragging is strictly prohibited on the campus.